Thursday, February 26, 2009

Treasure...

Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe [which is] instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man [that is] an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure [things] new and old. Matt. 13:52

Treasure is a really cool word to study in the Bible...my Grandfather was an avid "treasure hunter"...he would work his vacation around his research regarding lost treasures from the old west days...he even invented his own gold finding machine, they say it worked...

I guess thats where I get it...I am constantly looking for things that might escape less trained eyes...

Recently i was in an old electronics store in San Diego and came across this old broadcast mixing desk...

I looked it over and on the back saw the make on a little tag..."UREI"...Universal Recording Equipment Incorporated...otherwise known these days as "Universal Audio"...

Do a little ebay search sometime for "Universal Audio Vintage"...

this desk was sitting by the back door very close to getting rained on in the dirt.

I bought it.

It will become part of my studio after I clean it up and "renew it"...

I was also doing some research on the Texas Instrument website and came across a new prototype evaluation board for converting analog sounds to digital files...it was a limited time offer to get a module for next to nothing that is state of the state of the art...its not even on the market in any devices yet...

So on one hand I find a very "old" kind of treasure, and on the other a very "new" kind of treasure...

I guess as an "audio scribe" I am doing just what Jesus recommended...

On my way home from the electronics salvage store I stopped and sat down for a hot dog and chili (it was raining and a perfect day for a chili-dog) as I waited for my food I glanced over at an elderly woman sitting by the window just staring out the glass and eating her french fries...she was nothing to look at sort of an older style pants suit that was way out of style, but I noticed this, she had dressed herself and decorated her appearance to come and eat a hot dog by herself...and as I sat there, I began to think about the incredible machine that this elderly woman was, just the sheer biological machine that contained her soul was greater than any achievement of mankind...it could drive a car, and order food and had its own sense of style and value...there's nothing like this in the modern world and robotics is light years behind even the frailest elder in our society...I suddenly saw treasure both old and new...

I think this is what God see's...treasure in earthen vessels...regardless of the cultural value placed on her this woman had incredible value in Gods eyes...she left before I did, but I was completely awestruck at the incredible machine that God had designed to house our souls...

So I'm learning to treasure the "old" (I am getting that way every day), and I am grabbing the "new" as opportunities and streams of revelation pour into me...hopefully I will be able to bring them both out as a faithful householder.

No comments:

Post a Comment